Sunday, April 10, 2011

Mirror, Mirror on the wall...

you are the fairest of them all!  ;o)  Yes, after much deliberation, we swapped the black hemnes mirror for the white hemnes mirror and we love it! It's stunning, yet blends in well, falling right in line with the cool, crisp look we are going for.  As a few of you suggested, we've used dresser top accessories to carry the black of the headboard over to this side of the room.  We have not completely settled on the arrangement of the accessories quite yet, so keep that in mind when you're looking at the final after picture below.  Let's take a stroll down memory lane, shall we?  I'd like to show you how much this corner or wall of our bedroom has evolve over the past 8 months.

It went from this:

(1 week after we moved in. Hence the chaotic bookcase crammed with homeschooling books/supplies.)

To this:
 (Remember this chest of drawers I covered in contact paper?)

To this:


and finally to this:



So, what do you think?  We're totally diggin' it. I love the functionality of having a mirror that spans the complete width of the dresser.  As many as four people can comfortably use the mirror.  Although this is not something that your average family needs, our unique situation of living in a parsonage means we often have overnight guests. Also, there have been a couple of times when our little house has been inundated with visiting brethren from nearby congregations.  You know how it is, after a long drive girls always need to freshen up and powder their noses.  The little mirror we had before just wasn't cuttin' it.

Well, there ya have it folks....our mirror.  It's a real trooper.  Must be tough having to see my ugly mug first thing in the morning and numerous times throughout the day.  Oh...if mirror's could talk!  Ponder on that for a while. Lol!

Don't be gone long and check back soon.  Later today or tomorrow, I'm gonna share pictures of the other side of the room (the wall directly across the above mentioned one) so you can see our new window treatment. Later ya'll!  (Nope, haven't lost my Texan Twang, even after bein' in Jersey for 8 months. It's only logical, seein' as I did live in Texas for 28 years. Think maybe the twang is here to stay.  :o)
 

3 comments:

  1. I love the white mirror much better! I know you were worried it would be too much white in the room, but I think it fits in quite well. The size is also perfect for all the traffic in your house. And it won't be long before little Miss Lylah is combing her own hair & she'll need plenty of room in front the mirror. :)
    I'd give anything to trade places with that mirror if it meant I'd get to see you first thing each morning and throughout the day. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I love love love how it turned out! The accessories look so good and they are the perfect finishing touch:) You have a great eye for decorating and it just so happens that your style is right up my alley lol!

    ReplyDelete